Let’s Play It Safe: Security Tips to Protect Your Online Accounts
When it comes to player security, we don’t play games. Zynga takes user security very seriously and while we do all we can to help protect our players, we believe that knowledge is power.
We want to make it easier for players to understand how to protect themselves online. That’s why we’re proud to unveil our first Zynga security video, focused on tips to avoid phishing attacks. Phishing can come in many forms, but usually results in the same thing: players unknowingly reveal personal or account information to the bad guys.
Check out the video above and follow these simple tips on how to protect your online accounts:
- To keep your personal information private, always keep the old adage in mind: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Never, ever, ever share your account information online. With anyone.
- Phishers often try to trick you with "free" horseshoes, Empires & Allies points, and other goodies.
- Phony offers can come in tweets, e-mails, fan pages, chat rooms or forums.
- Scammers try to lure unsuspecting players to fake sites. That's where they can access account and personal information.
- Beware of third-parties who pose as Zynga Police or Zynga Security.
Find out more tips at: www.zynga.com/privacy/security.php