Words With Friends Players Get Flirty and Wordy with Valentine’s Day Poll
While ‘triple word score,’ tiles and romance might not go hand-in-hand, Words With Friends’ players say differently. In just three days, over 100,000 players were polled in game – showcasing the sheer mass of Words With Friends. In our favorite game of crossword combat, word warriors were surveyed in Zynga’s first wide-scale poll about dating, doting and even cheating. 44% of players surveyed claimed they have gone for more than just the gold in Words With Friends, and flirted with another player in-game. Other interesting statistics include:
- Say My [User] Name: 24% of players have exchanged their Words With Friends handle instead of a phone number.
- Words With Benefits: One out of ten players say that Words With Friends has led directly to a hookup.
- You’ve Got a HUGE…Vocabulary: 38% of players said they’d be more willing to hook up with someone if they’re good at Words With Friends
- Single and Ready to M-I-N-G-L-E: 40% of players said they would date someone they met through the game.
- I’m a Player and I Just Crush a Lot: 47% of players say they are crushing on someone they are playing Words With Friends with right now.
- Have Mercy: 35% of players said they let their sweetheart win.
- Before He Cheats: 43% of players said they have cheated on someone…in the game.
Check out the lovely infographic below for more.