Make a Sweet Treat to Celebrate FarmVille’s 5th Birthday
In celebration of FarmVille’s 5th Birthday and the Summer of FarmVille, we’re excited to give you a special sneak peek at recipes that are coming to FarmVille 2: Country Escape soon. You can now bring FarmVille to the dinner table with real recipes from Zynga’s Executive Chef! All recipes are made with locally sourced, sustainably produced, organic ingredients. Check back throughout the week, as we will continue to release new recipes from the game that you can cook right at home.
To kick off the “Summer of FarmVille”, our first recipe is Vanilla Mint Cupcakes – the perfect sweet treat to celebrate FarmVille’s 5th Birthday!
VANILLA MINT CUPCAKES
Serves: 1 dozen cupcakes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 Eggs, separated
1 3/4 cups Cake Flour, sifted
2 tbs Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butter, room temp
2/3 cup + 1/4 cup Sugar, divided
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Milk
1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3-4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Separate eggs when they’re cold. Cover and let them come to room temperature.
- Beat butter until soft, add larger amount of sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Slowly add egg yolks and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, alternately add dry ingredients and milk- beginning and ending with flour.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until they hold soft peaks. Gradually add the smaller amount of sugar and continue beating until they hold stiff peaks.
- With a spatula fold egg whites into cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 3 cups sugar, milk, and both extracts; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add remaining cup of sugar to reach desired consistency.