For Fans, By Fans – NFL Showdown Continues to Evolve
As we head into week six of the National Football League season, we wanted to provide you with an update on NFL Showdown. When we launched NFL Showdown last month – our first Zynga Sports 365 game – we did so with a goal of delivering a completely new and authentic football management game that captures the competition and emotion of the NFL and makes every day gameday.
NFL Showdown has been a true collaboration between Zynga and our players. As lifelong NFL fans ourselves, we wanted to build a game for fans like you that embodies the passion you have for the sport. At launch, the game included a number of features that many of you told us you wanted in a mobile football game. But we also developed NFL Showdown with the intention of adding new elements over time that players specifically asked for, while also tuning the performance of the game based on your direct feedback.
Today, we released a new update for NFL Showdown for the App Store and Google Play. While this latest update only scratches the surface of what we have planned for this game, NFL Showdown now includes a couple of additions that center on helping you track your team’s history, as well as your League competitors. Additionally, with this new update, the overall stability of NFL Showdown has improved with faster load times and a smoother experience, so you can focus on what matters most – fueling your fandom.
- Keeping Score – The game now includes a team history page where you can monitor your team’s performance from season-to-season.
- Planning Ahead – You will now be able to see a full schedule for your League each season, making it easier to keep tabs on your competition and track how every team in your League is progressing.
- Season Wrap-Up – We have improved the end-of-season flow to give you a better understanding of where you are in the playoffs and what’s to come.
- Improved Performance – We’ve also been tuning NFL Showdown behind the scenes to make sure you’re getting the best entertainment experience around. Specifically, based on your feedback, we have updated the game’s Free Agent auction house, as well as how Leagues are formed, to make sure fun and competition take center stage when you play.
- Get Your Game On – The latest update includes an improved game simulation and, in the coming weeks, we will give you even more ways to play. Not only will you be able to set your game strategy before a game, but you will also be able to call plays and sub players in real-time while a game is in progress. Don’t like the players that you started or the strategy you set? No problem. Soon you will be able to more directly coach your team to a game day victory.
- Sizing Up the Competition – Just like watching your real divisional rival play on Sunday, we are also readying a new feature that will make it possible for you to watch your League competitors play, earning you an advantage against them in the process.
I personally want to thank you for all of your continued support and feedback. This is just the beginning for NFL Showdown and we are looking forward to sharing more with you soon. We know your love for football is unwavering, so we are working to match your passion for the sport with the ultimate NFL mobile game. If you have any feedback or questions, please share your comments on the NFL Showdown forum.
See you on the field!
Vice President of Games, Zynga Sports 365